The client is All-Asian Satellite Television and Radio Operator in Malaysia. The company was looking for a security solution to resolve issues created by their cloud environment on AWS. We helped them resolve challenges with the help of Cloudlytics.
Being one of the leading satellite television providers in APAC, the team was struggling with the process of security best practices monitoring and taking proper actions on the critical issues being generated across systems hosted on multiple AWS accounts. Since it is working with multiple third parties, and to monitor if the security best practices are being followed as per the compliance requirement or not. The internal security team faced challenges in monitoring their compliance posture continuously in the fast-changing dynamics apropos of the public cloud.
Deploying Cloudlytics with the configuration of the data received from AWS services
helped their team to improve compliance posture from 42% to 64% during the POC phase where product capabilities were being introduced to the team. The scans were run every 2 weeks starting from 6th December 2019. The compliance engine which has 300+ customized checks helped to identify 91 non-compliant areas/rules which include 13 high severity and 33 medium findings. In 4 sprints all the non-compliant findings have been mitigated by the third party team.
- Leveraging Cloudlytics helped the clinet reduce efforts and costs of conducting AWS WAR review for best practice checks on 4 accounts twice a month.
- Tailored checks were performed as per clients’s requirement.
- The solution enabled the client to improve compliance by over 30%, post-second round of remediation.
- Automated checks enabled the client to see a reduction in audit efforts from weeks to a few hours.
- Automated compliance monitoring tool
- User access monitoring tool
- Customized compliance builder panel
- Compliance posture improved by 34%.
- The audit efforts of architects were reduced from weeks to a few hours.